Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This sounds really good though I have not tried it yet. Let me know how it is! I got it off of the Justin Wilson Website and had to post it to keep up with it!!
- olive oil
- 5 -10 lbs beef tenderloin
- salt, to taste
- ground cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 cups pecan pieces (or halves)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Pour enough olive oil into a deep roaster to coat the bottom. Cut a deep pocket in the side of the tenderloin, and season with the salt and pepper, including the inside of the pocket.
- Stuff the pecans into the pocket and close with skewers. Place the loin in the middle of the roaster, so that the pocket is on the side, not on top.
- Mix the wine and Worcestershire together and pour around the meat. Sprinkle the onions around the meat, cover, and bake for 2 to 3 hours, depending on how well done you like your beef. Baste every 20 minutes.