Recipe by Sharlene~W
This recipe is from Cooking Light magazine. It is also good on chicken breasts, shrimp, or pork tenderloin. I make the rub and cover the steaks with it before I stick them in the freezer for a make-ahead meal. When they are thawed they are ready to go straight to the grill.
- 4 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1 inch thick)
Creole Spice Rub
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon greshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine rub ingredients. Rub evenly over steaks.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steaks to pan; cook 4 minutes on each or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.