Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
5 WW points. From WW's Annual Recipes for Success 2005
Make and share this Beef Tenderloin Steak W/ Cherry-Port Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup port wine or 1 cup other sweet red wine, divided
- 1⁄4 cup black cherry juice
- 1 lb beef tenderloin, trimmed
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Set oven to broil.
- Combine cherries, 1/4 cup port, and juice in a small bowl. Let stand for 30 minutes for the cherries to absorb most of the liquid.
- Coat beef with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 6 inches from heat for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 and bake for 30 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 145 degrees. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic; saute 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in cherry mixture, 3/4 cup port, broth, and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook 10 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup. Pour over steaks. Serve immediately.
- Serving size is 1 steak with 2 tbsp sauce.
Very easy to make. I love the tartnessand sweetness of the cherry port sauce. It complimented the beef.