Amber Dawn's Note:
5 WW points. From WW's Annual Recipes for Success 2005
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup port wine or 1 cup other sweet red wine, divided
- 1/4 cup black cherry juice
- 1 lb beef tenderloin, trimmed
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1Set oven to broil.
- 2Combine cherries, 1/4 cup port, and juice in a small bowl. Let stand for 30 minutes for the cherries to absorb most of the liquid.
- 3Coat beef with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 6 inches from heat for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 and bake for 30 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 145 degrees. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- 4Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic; saute 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in cherry mixture, 3/4 cup port, broth, and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook 10 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup. Pour over steaks. Serve immediately.
- 5Serving size is 1 steak with 2 tbsp sauce.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Tenderloin Steak W/ Cherry-Port Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.7
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 97.4 mg
- Sodium 218.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 28.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: