Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
From First Impressions: Dining with Distinction, Waterloo-Cedar Falls, IA. Sounds easy. When I make this, I will season the beef with garlic, salt and pepper first.
- 1 (3 lb) beef tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Burgundy wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 Degrees F.
- Pat the meat dry and place it on a rack in a baking pan.
- Roast for 35 minutes or until the meat registers 125 degrees F. to 130 degrees F. on an instant read thermometer.
- Cook longer if less rare meat is desired.
- Saute the onion in butter in a small skillet.
- Add the mushrooms and cook 5 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in the flour.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until thickened.
- Serve the sauce with the beef.
This was very easy and VERY good. I did as Oolala suggested and seasoned the roast with garlic powder, salt and pepper before putting it in the oven. The sauce was devine. Thanks for posting!