Prep 20 mins
Cook 53 mins
From Southern Living. Wonderful!!
Make and share this Beef Tenderloin in Wine Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 lb) beef tenderloin
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- Sprinkle beef tenderloin with salt and pepper.
- Place tenderloin in a foil-lined roasting pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion, garlic, and mushroom; saute 7 minutes.
- Add wine, worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, and hot sauce.
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together beef broth and flour; stir into wine mixture.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Remove beef from oven, and top with sauce.
- Bake beef 18 more minutes or to desired degree of doneness, basting once.
- Transfer beef to a serving platter, reserving sauce in pan.
- Let beef stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with sauce.
I was looking for a quick beef tenderloin recipe and decided to try this one. AWESOME. Quick and easy but doesn't taste like it. My wife said it was the best dinner I have ever made. Followed all directions except left out the hot sauce and cooked until internal temp was 140(med rare for the wife). I like my beef center cold. Making it again tonight.
Absolutely wonderful, my family loves this recipe. We like it med/rare so I use a meat thermometer and cook until it reaches 125 degrees. Let stand for 10 to 15 mins before carving and the end pieces have slight red and the middle is rare. Perfect!
This is one of the best tenderloin recipies ever. Though for personal taste I leave out the mushrooms and use a red onion instead, it has such a fantastic taste. The first time I made it for my family they all had seconds (and one of my kids is a really picky eater)!!!