1 hr 13 mins
From Southern Living. Wonderful!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) beef tenderloin
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1Sprinkle beef tenderloin with salt and pepper.
- 2Place tenderloin in a foil-lined roasting pan.
- 3Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 4In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter.
- 5Add onion, garlic, and mushroom; saute 7 minutes.
- 6Add wine, worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, and hot sauce.
- 7In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together beef broth and flour; stir into wine mixture.
- 8Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 9Remove beef from oven, and top with sauce.
- 10Bake beef 18 more minutes or to desired degree of doneness, basting once.
- 11Transfer beef to a serving platter, reserving sauce in pan.
- 12Let beef stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- 13Serve with sauce.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Tenderloin in Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 735.6
- Calories from Fat 511
- Total Fat 56.7 g
- Saturated Fat 26.4 g
- Cholesterol 233.4 mg
- Sodium 435.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 46.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: