Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is quick and easy--only 4 ingredients. It is also elegant. Cook this easy dish when you want to impress someone.
Top Review by Acerast
Divine! The simple seasoning with the Dijon and peppercorns enhanced the flavor of the beef. The cooking instructions were clear and helped me to cook it to the degree of "doneness" that we prefer. Actually, the children like their meat medium-well so, by leaving the small end "untucked" I was able to cook it as such, as well as cook the larger end to medium rare. Everyone was happy! Thanks for a lovely recipe I will certainly use again.
- 4 lbs beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white peppercorns, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Evenly shape the tenderloin by tucking the small ends underneath. Tie with kitchen twine.
- Rub meat with mustard.
- Combine the crushed peppercorns and press evenly on the surface of meat.
- Place on rack in shallow pan and bake uncovered at 425°F until the meat thermometer inserted in thickest part reads 145°F for medium rare or 160F for medium.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.