Prep 24 hrs
Cook 45 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Wishbone Italian dressing
- 1 (5 -8 lb) beef tenderloin
- Trim tenderloin of all large pieces of fat and any portion of the silver membrane.
- Place tenderloin in large plastic food bag and pour all of dressing over top.
- Seal bag and place in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Prepare a very hot grill.
- Remove tenderloin from marinade and sear on hot grill for several minutes per side.
- After both sides are quickly seared, prepare grill for indirect heat.
- (On my grill, I turn off the center and turn the two outer burners to med-low.) Add your favorite smoking wood during this time, if desired.
- Cook until the internal temperature of the meat is 130°F.
- Remove tenderloin from grill, wrap very loosely in aluminum foil and allow to rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- Slice into 1/2 to 3/4-inch medallions and serve with Horseradish Cream Sauce (recipe here on Zaar).