Recipe by Bobbie
I have not made this yet. I found the recipe in my Southern Living magazine. It sounds very simple -- and I don't think the cooking/basting sauce will overpower the taste of such a wonderful cut of meat.
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup light soy sauce
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 (5 -6 lb) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- rosemary sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together first 3 ingredients.
- Rub tenderloin with olive oil and place on a wire rack in a roasting pan.
- Pour sherry mixture into roasting pan.
- Bake at 450, basting occasionally, 45 to 50 minutes or until thickest portion registers 140 for medium rare.
- Bake longer until thermometer registers 160 for medium or 170 for medium-well.
- Cover tenderloin loosely with aluminum foil, let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish, if desired.
- Serve with pan drippings.