Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A simple but good beef tenderloin.
- 3 lbs beef tenderloin
- 4 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 3 tablespoons coarse black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Liberally coat the meat with extra-virgin olive oil and grill seasoning (Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Onion).
- Place the meat on a roasting rack or in a roasting pan and place in oven.
- If you are cooking in a pan with no rack, add a splash of water to the pan.
- Roast the meat 10 minutes on high then reduce heat to 350 degrees F and cook 30 minutes more.
- Check for desired doneness with meat thermometer. Cook longer if needed.
- Do not open oven during those first 10 minutes.
- Remove meat from oven and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
This is a wonderful way to cook the tenderloin. I have cooked it for a Shriner's Ball and had great reviews. Also I have cooked this for family and friends and they want the receipe Go by the directions on cooking time. You will have well done, medium and rare as it should be.