Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Parade Magazine
Make and share this Beef Tenderloin recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) beef tenderloin
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly slivered
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- coarse salt, to taste
mustard horseradish cream (for serving)
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup well-drained prepared white horseradish
- Preheat the oven to 425°F Using the tip of a sharp knife, cut slits all over the tenderloin and insert garlic slivers into them.
- Brush the tenderloin with olive oil and rub it all over with the pepper and thyme. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place the tenderloin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan and roast it for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and roast for 20 minutes for medium-rare meat; roast 5 minutes longer for medium. Let the tenderloin rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- Slice the tenderloin 1/2-inch thick and arrange on a platter. Serve with Mustard Horseradish Cream Sauce.
This recipe was a hit with my family for Christmas dinner! The tenderloin was very moist and stuffing it with the garlic slivers instead of the whole clove imparts a much more subtle flavor. The mustard horseradish cream is great as well. Thanks for posting!
I'm rating the cooking method, because I didn't use so much pepper or thyme since I don't like them much. I used a mediterranean salt I had on hand and some garlic parsley salt. The cooking method was fantastic - easy and perfectly cooked. Thanks!
This is how my grandmother makes tenderloin, minus the sauce she makes a creamy mushroom sauce. This always turns out well.