Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Something quick, easy, and kids love it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) package tater tots
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- cajun salt, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Dice onion. Brown hamburger meat and onion, add cajun salt, garlic powder, and black pepper to taste. Drain any grease.
- On the bottom of 9x13 pan, layer meat and onion mix. Layer tater tots on top of meat. Pour/spoon soup over tater tots. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
This was one of the easiest (and tastiest) recipes I have tried recently. I'm not sure exactly what cajun salt is, so I used seasoned salt and cajun seasoning, as well as the black pepper and garlic powder. The only other changes I made were to add about 1/2 cup more cheese, and I cooked it in a smaller pan. The 9x13 pan seemed too big in my opinion, the ground beef didn't cover the bottom of the pan. so I used a 10 inch round stainless steel casserole pan. The only other change I think I will make next time (and there will be many more next times! my DH loved this!)is to add about 1/8 cup of milk or beef broth to the golden mushroom soup to make it a bit more spreadable.
It doesn't get any easier than this. I always have the fixing for this one on hand. Great tasting, easy. I did bake mine at 10-15 minutes longer to get the tator tots nice and hot.