1/3 Photos of Beef Taquitos (Oamc)
3 hrs 30 mins
3 hrs 10 mins
I don't know about you guys but I cheat sometimes and buy taquitos from the freezer section of the grocery. I knew there had to be a way to make me feel less guilty so thus became the taquito recipe. I think you could do this with chicken also, but have yet to do it yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs roast
- onion soup mix (optional)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- garlic powder
- onion powder (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups picante sauce or 1 1/2 cups salsa or 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 48 corn tortillas
- cheese sauce (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- 1Cook roast in roasting pan (or slow cooker), pouring onion soup mix, dissolved in 1 cup water, over it.
- 2Cook at 325F for 34-38 minutes per pound.
- 3Let cool thoroughly overnight in fridge.
- 4Finely chop (or shred) roast beef and mix with cheddar cheese, garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper, picante sauce and onion in a large bowl.
- 5Portion 1/4 cup mixture onto each corn tortilla in the lower 1/3 of the tortilla.
- 6Roll up tortilla.
- 7To soften tortillas, microwave between two damp paper towels for a few seconds.
- 8To freeze for later, simply put seam side down on cookie sheets and freeze.
- 9Flash freeze on wax papered covered cookie sheets.
- 10When firm, transfer to ziplock freezer bags.
- 11To Re-heat: Thaw, then lightly fry in hot oil until brown and crispy.
- 12To eat them now, continue with directions for frying below.
- 13Heat electric skillet to 300°F covering bottom with oil.
- 14Fry taquitos with open edge down to seal.
- 15Turn over fry other side.
- 16Serve hot with condiments.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Taquitos (Oamc)
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.8
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 35.1 mg
- Sodium 123.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 12.8 g