Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Adapted from Life's Ambrosia
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (3 1/3 lb) beef roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 -3 tablespoons canola oil
- 10 corn tortillas (I used white, but you can use yellow as well)
- 2 cups cooked shredded beef (recipe follows)
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce
- nonstick cooking spray
- In a bowl mix together salt, pepper, chili powder, granulated garlic, cumin and oregano.
- Rub mixture all over beef roast to completely coat.
- In a large pan heat olive oil. Brown roast on all sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Place in slow cooker. Add onion and garlic. Pour in water and beef broth. Cover and cook for 8 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker and shred.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Heat 2 tablespoons canola oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, fry each tortilla one at a time until soft, about 30 seconds per side (you want them soft so that you can roll them). Add more oil if needed. Transfer to plate using a paper towel to separate each tortilla.
- To assemble, spoon 2 tablespoons of meat mixture into tortilla and roll closed. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all are rolled.
- Bake in oven for 15 -20 minutes or until ends start to brown. Remove and sprinkle cheese on top. Turn oven setting to broil and broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven.
- Top with shredded lettuce and guacamole. Serve with salsa for dipping.