Recipe by Deb's Recipes
If you can run a can opener, you can easily prepare this delicious soup! It's a family favorite, adapted from a recipe by Jan Olpin, that's tasty, quick-to-make, and freezes excellently!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I knew I would love this recipe, this soup has so much flavor! I added in 3 tablespoons fresh minced garlic and 2 jalapeno peppers with the onions, I used chicken broth, I love this soup and look forward to making it again many more times, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups beef broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup masa harina
- 3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute ground beef and onions together until meat is browned and onions are tender; drain fat from pan.
- Combine meat and onions in stockpot with remaining ingredients, except for masa harina and 3/4 cup water; simmer for thirty minutes to blend flavors.
- Shake or stir together masa harina and water to make a smooth paste; gradually stir masa paste into soup; cook and stir soup until slightly thickened.
- Place a small handful of crushed taco chips into each serving bowl, ladle soup over the chips, then top with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.