Recipe by KGCOOK
Just happened to run across a recipe in a magazine. Read it and decided to renovate it. So this is my finished keeper. This is a versatile recipe. You can make this as hot or mild as you like. You can even bake it in the oven with the cheese. This recipe does not include oven time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (any heat)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 cups Fritos corn chips, slightly broken
- 1 cup cheese, Mexican blend
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef in a large skillet with onion till done.
- Drain well.
- Return meat to skillet and add everything except the cheese and fritos and heat till hot.
- When meat mixture is hot again add the fritos.
- When serving top each portion with cheese and your favorite taco toppings.
- Variation #1 Creamy Mexican Style.
- Stir in 1/2 cup sour cream with the soup, omit the fritos and add torn flour tortillas.
- Variation #2 Ranchero Style.
- Omit the fritos and add torn corn tortillas or broken taco shells.
- If you bake this; heat oven to 350.
- Bake for 20 minutes or till hot, shut oven off.
- Top with cheese and and place back in oven long enough for cheese to melt.