Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was emailed to me by Campbell's soup Co. I made some modifications and adjustments per some reviews on the website. I must admit that this is one of the tastiest and easiest to put together casseroles that I have made. Please note that you can use corn tortillas also. I hope you enjoy it as much as my son and I did. Hint: Use a pizza cutter or kitchen scissors to cut tortillas.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen corn, thawed
- 6 -8 flour tortillas, cut into 1 inch pieces (8-6")
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used more)
- Cook beef in skillet until browned.
- Pour off fat.
- Add taco seasoning, add water according to package directions.
- Cook until seasonings are well blended Add soup, salsa, milk, sour cream, corn, tortillas and half the cheese.
- Spoon into a 9X13 baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and allow cheese to melt.
Might be a good recipe...but looking at that picture, I have absolutely NO desire to try it.....Whoever added that pic really needs to change it....
Love this! It's one of our family favorites. It's great for potlucks and people always ask for the recipe. I've made a few minor changes to the recipe. I cook the ground beef with one diced onion and I typically add a variety of beans (1-4 cans) with great success. It's even better with homemade beans. I usually substitute plain yogurt for the sour cream and then I sprinkle in some ground flax seed meal (3-4+ T) for added nutrition and to thicken it up a bit (no one ever knows). I do this in chili, spaghetti sauce, etc. :) I have also used corn tortillas with great success (we like it either way) and I double the cheese (at a minimum). Thanks for posting!
My husband and I really loved this. I liked the creaminess of the meal and the softened tortillas made it taste almost like an enchilada. My husband who doesn't like corn except as a side dish, and can't stand sour cream gobbled this up. He has asked that I keep it on the "keeper" list. Thank you