Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell tomato soup
- 1 cup chunky salsa or 1 cup picante sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inch) or 8 corn tortillas, cut into 1 inch pieces (6 inch)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook beef in skillet until browned.
- Pour off fat.
- Add soup, salsa, water, tortillas and half the cheese.
- Spoon into 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 400 F for 30 minutes or until hot.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Excellent easy-to-make casserole for a quick supper that everyone in my family enjoyed. I prepared this casserole in way under the prep time given in the recipe which included thawing out a frozen brick of hamburg in the frying pan and shredding the cheddar cheese (we used a lot more than specified in the recipe because my family loves cheesy casseroles). Thanks Betty for posting this keeper recipe.
It was pretty good, maybe I should have let it bake longer so the tortillas would not have been so soggy. In general everyone finished their plate and even ate the leftovers for lunch.
I have made this several times. The first time I had trouble mixing the tortilla pieces with the other ingredients, alot of them stuck together. Now I just layer the meat, sauce and tortilla pieces in the casserole and that works great. This has great flavor for how easy it is. We don't like real spicy foods, so I use mild salsa and it is flavorful but not hot.