1/4 Photos of Beef Taco Bake
This taco bake is different in that it includes beans and the tacos actually stand up in the beans. It's pretty and very tasty. The recipe comes from Cook's Country and they haven't let me down yet. I like to serves these with guacamole and taco sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (reserve juice)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (I use home made)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 12 taco shells
- 3 scallions, sliced thin
- 1Adjust oven rack to upper middle position and heat oven to 475 degrees.
- 2Combine half of tomatoes, beans, hot sauce, and cilantro in bowl. Spread evenly in 13 by 9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- 3Cook beef in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Pour off fat, then stir in taco seasoning, remaining tomatoes, and reserved tomato juice. Simmer over medium-low heat until thickened and nearly dry, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 4Spoon 1 tablespoon cheese into each taco shell and top with beef mixture.
- 5Arrange tacos upright in bean mixture, cover with foil, and bake until bubbling, about 10 minutes.
- 6Remove foil, top with remaining cheese, and bake until cheese is melted, about 6 minutes. Sprinkle with scallions. Serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Taco Bake
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 983.9
- Calories from Fat 506
- Total Fat 56.2 g
- Saturated Fat 28.6 g
- Cholesterol 214.5 mg
- Sodium 1991.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 65.8 g