Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is really yummy and doesn't take long at all. We sometimes use corn tortillas instead or mix them together.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup milk
- 12 flour tortillas, cut into pieces
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef until browned, stirring to separate meat. Pour off fat.
- Add soup, salsa, milk, tortillas and half the cheese.
- Spoon into 2-quart shallow baking dish. Cover.
- Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes or until hot.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
This was delicious. I think I have made something similar like this before from Campbells. I seem to remember a recipe just like this only corn was added. I might try that the next time I make this.
We had to make some substitutions based on what we had in the pantry: instead of salsa, we used 1 can of Rotel and 1 can of chopped chili peppers. Intead of Cheddar, we used mont jack cheese. Overall, we felt it was still missing something. Maybe taco seasoning? Chili powder? Worchestershire sauce? We might try this again one day or doctor up the leftovers... I'm giving it a 4 because I think it's a good base to work with.