Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a casserole that closely resembles a cheesey soft taco that is served in a bowl. It's very yummy, everyone who has had it has loved it in my home. Serve with a side salad for a complete meal. This recipe originally came from Campbell's Soup, but I didn't really like it that way so I've added a few extras here and there.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced (I use a white onion)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces campbell's tomato soup (I buy the regular can and just use half of the soup)
- 0.5 (15 ounce) jarpace salsa (I use medium)
- 6 soft flour tortillas, 8 inches, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Brown meat with onions and bell peppers until meat is no longer pink and the onions and bell peppers are done.
- Drain meat mixture then return to pan.
- Add in the half can of tomato soup and the half jar of salsa, mix well.
- Next, add in half of the cheese and the milk and tortilla squares, mix well.
- Heat until cheese is melted.
- Transfer into a casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
I used a packet of taco seasoning instead of the pepper and onion, but otherwise followed as directed. It turned out nice, and I thought it was even better the next day. I will be making this agaiin - thanks for a good recipe.
We just had this for dinner and it was outstanding. I actually served it on a bed of lettuce and then added a dalop of sour cream to top it off. My husband and two teens loved it. Thanks for the recipe!
Yum! This was great! I used taco sauce instead of salsa, and though I love cheese, I actually think I'd like this without all that cheese on top. This was really good though; everyone loved it. The best part? The tortilla pieces!