Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is a little bit like chili con carne. Best served with green salad and Tzatziki. Tastes also good with coleslaw.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 g ground beef, good quality
- 200 g chargrilled vegetables
- 200 g cheese
- 1 (400 g) can tomatoes
- 1 (400 g) can kidney beans
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- Preheat oven to 230°C.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Cook beef until it's brown.
- Add tomatoes and kidney beans and bell peppers.
- Season with cayenne pepper and Italian herbs to your taste.
- Transfer mix from pan to ovenproof dish.
- Add vegetables.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in oven for around 15 minutes or until cheese melts.