Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
My most-requested recipe, these burgers always go down well.
- 750 g lean beef, mince (5-12% fat)
- 1 medium red onion (finely diced)
- 1 garlic clove (finely diced)
- 4 -6 sun-dried tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 egg (whisked)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, adjusting quantities to taste (I’ve never measured). The soy sauce is used in place of salt, apparently it doesn’t dry the meat out like salt would and adds extra flavour (tip from the Chris Evans show on BBC Radio 2).
- Mix thoroughly by hand.
- Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Form into patties and fry/bbq until browned.