Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 hrs
This is a really good appetizer to serve with crackers and soft cheese.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons tender quick salt (regular salt will not do)
- 3 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 cup water
- 1 dash nutmeg
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and form into rolls 2 inches in diameter, about 4 rolls.
- Wrap each roll in aluminum foil and refrigerate 24 hours.
- Place foil wrapped rolls in water.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour or bake on a rack in oven for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- When cool, open the foil and drain.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- May be frozen either before or after cooking.
- Great to serve as an appetizer on crackers with a soft cheese.