Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
Beef/Lamb Sukka/Bhunna is a dish which is dry and spicy and can be eaten with fried rice or just as snacks with drinks.
- 1⁄2 kg beef (Preferably undercut)
- salt (To taste)
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1 inch ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil
- 5 black peppercorns
- 3 cloves
- 1 brown cardamom
- Marinate Beef with salt and red chili powder. Refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
- Slice one medium size onion, one tomato, one inch ginger and 4 cloves of garlic.
- Heat 2 tbsp of mustard oil and put 1 and 2 in it and bhunno till oil is separated from the meat.
- Add water. Now add 5 black peppercorns, 3 cloves, 1 brown cardamom, and ½ tsp cumin seeds.
- Boil. When boiling cover and simmer it on low flame for about ½ hour.
- Open cover and reduce water till sukka beef/lamb bhunna is ready.
- Serve hot with fried rice.