Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sort of tastes like sherpard's pie. Cook the potatoes in the microwave for ultimate ease. Can be doubled or cut down easily. Freezes well and great for OAMC. Time doesn't include initial baking time for potatoes.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 dash garlic salt or 1 dash garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- butter, cheddar cheese and sour cream
- Bake potatoes; cool then slice in half.
- Brown beef and onions in skillet seasoning with salt and pepper once it begins to brown, drain. Scoop centers from potatoes, mash. Add mayonnaise, milk and cheddar cheese. Mix beef with mashed potatoes mixture. Add garlic salt and adjust seasonings. Spoon into shells of baked potatoes.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes (or can microwave). Top with butter, extra cheese and sour cream. Freezes well.
These were scrumptious! I only used a 1/2 lb of ground beef as that was all I had on hand and it worked out well. I piled the potatoes high with the stuffing. Thanks so much for sharing.
OH WHAT HEAVEN!!! Made the full batch for DH and I for lunch and froze two of them for later. I did add a little more garlic but otherwise followed the instructions....they are like a sheppards pie! Another totally awesome recipe from you going into my Favorites of 2013. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
Yummy potatoes. I only made 2 servings this time but plan to make more to put in the freezer. Thanks GailAnn for another keeper. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.