Recipe by gailanng
Sort of tastes like sherpard's pie. Cook the potatoes in the microwave for ultimate ease. Can be doubled or cut down easily. Freezes well and great for OAMC. Time doesn't include initial baking time for potatoes.
Top Review by GibbyLou
These were scrumptious! I only used a 1/2 lb of ground beef as that was all I had on hand and it worked out well. I piled the potatoes high with the stuffing. Thanks so much for sharing.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 dash garlic salt or 1 dash garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- butter, cheddar cheese and sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes; cool then slice in half.
- Brown beef and onions in skillet seasoning with salt and pepper once it begins to brown, drain. Scoop centers from potatoes, mash. Add mayonnaise, milk and cheddar cheese. Mix beef with mashed potatoes mixture. Add garlic salt and adjust seasonings. Spoon into shells of baked potatoes.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes (or can microwave). Top with butter, extra cheese and sour cream. Freezes well.