Recipe by dbihlman
Tired of boring cheeseburgers? This recipe is great for a busy cook. It can be served as an appetizer or a meal. My family loves it. This is four generous servings for a meal or 8 servings as an appetizer.
- 1 small onion
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread (One pound)
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 304.75 g can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2 slice American cheese, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off top of bread.
- Hollow out bottom of loaf, leaving 1/2 inch shell.
- Cut removed bread into cubes, set aside.
- In a skillet, brown beef and onion, drain.
- Add soup, green pepper, celery, worcestershire, salt, and pepper.
- Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in reserved bread cubes.
- Spread beef mixture into bread shell, top with cheese slices.
- Replace bread top.
- Wrap loaf in foil and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Slice and serve.