Jazz Lover's Note:
This is like a loose meat sandwich. A local drive in diner serves these but they close during the winter. I was thrilled when I found this redcipe in the Taste of Home magazine so that I now can enjoy this sandwich year round.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut off top of bread. Carefully hollow out bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2 inch shell.
- 2Cut removed bread into small cubes; set aside.
- 3In a skillet, brown beef; drain.
- 4Add soup, celery, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- 5Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- 6Stir in the reserved bread cubes.
- 7Spread into bread shell.
- 8Top with cheese.
- 9Replace bread top.
- 10Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 11Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef-Stuffed French Bread
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 722.0
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 108.2 mg
- Sodium 2171.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 38.5 g