Beef Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Cut each squash in half; discard seeds.
- Place cut side down in a 3 quart rectangular baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven 50-55 minutes or until tender.
- Saute beef, onion and celery in a large frypan until meat is browned; drain off any fat. Blend in flour, salt and sage. Stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture just comes to a boil and thickens.
- Stir in cooked rice. Turn squash cut side up in pan; fill squash cavities with equal amounts of meat mixture. Return to oven and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Top with cheese; bake 3 minutes longer.