Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 3 acorn squash
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces corn
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Wash the squash and cut in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and pith.
- Place squash, cut side down, on an oiled baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350f oven for 30 minutes, or until almost tender. Meanwhile brown the beef in a large skillet. Drain off excess fat. Stir in bread crumbs, parsley, onion, celery, tomato sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and corn. Toss lightly to combine.
- Fill the squash halves with the mixture. Place in a shallow pan, return to oven and bake 25 - 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with hot biscuits.