1 hr 15 mins
Savory and attractive dinner for two. Paired with a salad it's a complete meal. I've adapted this recipe from one in the "BH&G All-time Favorite Casseroles" cookbook from the '70's.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 acorn squash
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sage (to taste) or 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning (to taste)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons almonds, slivered (optional)
- 2 tablespoons green olives, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese or 1/4 cup cheese, of choice
- 1Cut squash in half.
- 2Discard seeds and sprinkle squash with a little salt.
- 3Bake, cut side down in baking dish, at 350 degrees till tender, 45-50 minutes.
- 4Cook beef, onion, and celery till meat is brown.
- 5Drain off fat.
- 6Stir in flour, salt and sage.
- 7Add milk.
- 8Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 9Stir in rice, olives and almonds.
- 10Turn squash cut side up in dish; fill.
- 11Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef-Stuffed Acorn Squash
Serving Size: 1 (527 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 655.2
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 104.7 mg
- Sodium 511.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 33.5 g