Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I absolutely love this recipe because it gets most of its creaminess from cream cheese instead of sour cream, but it still has a zing from the dollop of sour cream stirred in at the end. (I'm not a fan of the heavy sour cream flavor of a lot of recipes...) And of course, since it's a crock pot recipe, it's super easy.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cubed
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Combine the meat, soups, onion, worcestershire sauce, garlic, water, bouillon, and pepper together in a crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in the mushrooms, cream cheese, and sour cream.
- Serve over cooked, whole wheat egg noodles.
I'm a giant fan of stroganoff and love the sour cream part, but with the addition of cream cheese it is just over the top! This is the absolute best and has changed my stroganoff recipe forever! One change I make is that I use Cream of Mushroom soup, since I rarely have the golden mushroom on hand. I will make this so much my family will be sick of it!