Prep 10 mins
Cook 26 mins
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced mushrooms, rinsed,patted dry with paper towels
- 12 ounces beef tenderloin steaks or 12 ounces steaks, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup canned beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream or 1⁄2 cup single cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- chopped fresh chives (optional) or chopped parsley (optional)
- Scrub potatoes and prick them in several places with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Place potatoes on a paper towel in a microwave oven and cook on high for 7 minutes.
- Turn potatoes over and continue to cook on high for 8-9 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add onion and cook over medium- high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef and sprinkle with salt, paprika and pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Combine sour cream and flour, mixing well.
- Stir into the beef mixture.
- Cook for 1 minute or until sauce thickens, stirring constantly.
- Split hot potatoes with a fork and squeeze ends inward to fluff.
- If desired, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon beef mixture over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with chives or parsley (optional).
Very quick and easy for a good meal! thank you for sharing