Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in some magazine a few months back. Dad and I have fell in love with it. When I cook something new my dad tells me this recipe is a keeper or toss it. This was a keeper and I was very happy because it is so simple to make.
- 4 (7 ounce) baking potatoes
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb boneless beef chuck steak, cut into 1/4 inch thick strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for color only (optional)
- Toward the end of the cooking time bake the potatoes in the microwave otherwise bake in oven at 425 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- Dissolve bouillon in 1/2 cup water; set aside.
- In nonstick skillet heat oil over high heat.
- Add beef; cook, stirring, until browned about 5 minutes.
- Add next 4 ingredients, cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened about 3 minutes.
- Add bouillon mixture; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover.
- Simmer until meat is very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir together flour and 1 Tablespoon water, set aside.
- Stir sour cream into beef mixture.
- Stir in flour mixture; cook until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Spilt baked potatoes lengthwise, fluff with fork.
- Top with beef mixture and parsley.
- Serve while warm.
Excellent! I used stew meat. I cooked the stew meat in a crock pot on low for six hours with 2 cps. of beef broth and salt and pepper. I then cooked the onion and garlic in butter and added the meat and then all the other ingredients as stated in the recipe.
Yum! We loved this. I used some leftover rib eye steak and mushrooms sauteed in red wine and this came out great. Thanks for sharing. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.
We loved this! I followed SusieQusie's advice about adding mushrooms and using fat free beef broth, and ff sour cream.