Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
From Stonyfield Farm Website This hearty dish has been made healthier by using yogurt in place of sour cream in the finished sauce. If you would like to omit the wine, use 1 cup of beef broth instead. Serve this convenient dish over rice or egg noodles and enjoy! Nutrition Facts Calories 340; Calories from Fat 150; Total Fat 17g; Cholesterol 70mg; Total Carbohydrates 13g; Protein 29g, Fiber 2g
- 1 lb boneless beef top loin steak, sliced into 1 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, thin sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup plain stonyfield farm low-fat yogurt
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced beef loin, onion and mushrooms, sauté until meat begins to brown. Add flour to the mixture, and continue to cook for two minutes, stirring constantly. Add tarragon, paprika, wine and beef broth, reduce the heat to medium, and allow to simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in dijon mustard and yogurt.
- Serve over egg noodles.
Quick and easy. I used ground beef instead, all beef broth, and onion powder instead of fresh onion (just what I had). Added one green bell pepper. Served with aromatic Jasmine rice - delicious!! Still love the tang of a sour cream sauce and think it's equally healthy to use low-fat sour cream as it is to use the yogurt, but still a good alternative if you're out of sour cream (which was my main motivation to try this one).
This was a very easy recipe to follow. I will definately be making this again sometime in the future. Though next time I would probably increase the amount of sauce as I like it that way, but thats just my preference.