Recipe by #1foodmonster
These are really good!! I got this recipe from a Taste of Homes Mag. I use garlic salt instead of garlic powder..and I only used 1/4th tsp. of salt instead. The kids love this dish!! I usually serve with a side salad.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 cups sour cream (16 oz)
- 2 tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 1 large green pepper (diced)
- 3 cups cheese (12 oz.shredded)
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain.
- Add salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Cut bread lengthwise in half, butter both halves and place on baking sheets.
- Remove meat mixture from the heat; stir in sour cream.
- Spoon onto the bread. Sprinkle with tomatoes, green pepper and cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minute or until the cheese is melted.
- (The longer you bake the more crispy it will be).
- Take out of oven and let cool for 2 minute and enjoy!