Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good sandwich for lunch, dinner, or cut smaller as an appetizer. Great for those cold nights with a bowl of soup or chili. Great for potlucks, casual get-togethers, and superbowl parties.
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion, drain.
- Add salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Cut bread lengthwise in half; butter both halves and place on a baking sheet.
- Remove meat mixture from heat; stir in sour cream.
- Spoon onto bread.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes, green peppers, and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Bake longer for crispier bread.
I added a dash or two of vanilla and a little nutmeg. "Maaahvelous!
I have been making this since it came out in Taste of Home. It is truly the best when you can use tomatoes at the peak of their season. The green peppers and tomatoes make this special. Without these, it would be quite bland. Delish...thanks, Nicole!
I did this in a low carb wrap that was toasted on a hot gridle and it was outstanding.