Recipe by Nicole Brummett
Good sandwich for lunch, dinner, or cut smaller as an appetizer. Great for those cold nights with a bowl of soup or chili. Great for potlucks, casual get-togethers, and superbowl parties.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf French bread
- butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion, drain.
- Add salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Cut bread lengthwise in half; butter both halves and place on a baking sheet.
- Remove meat mixture from heat; stir in sour cream.
- Spoon onto bread.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes, green peppers, and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Bake longer for crispier bread.