Recipe by Martini Guy
Another interesting find in an old Taste of Home Magazine.
Top Review by Make It Easy!
This was a winner at my house! I have never made a dish that pleased all of them - but this one did! (I left out the green pepper.) I thought the bread would be soggy, but NO - not at all! The meat mix was more like a thick paste on top. It was easy to make and it sure is delicious! I reheated the leftowvers at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes and it was perfect! Thanks for sharing your recipe Martini Guy!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- butter or margarine, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet brown ground beef and onion, drain.
- Add salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Butter both halves of the bread and place on a baking sheet.
- Remove meat mixture from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Spoon on to the bread.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes, green pepper and cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Longer for crispier bread.
- Slice into squares and serve.