Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another interesting find in an old Taste of Home Magazine.
Make and share this Beef Stroganoff Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- In a skillet brown ground beef and onion, drain.
- Add salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Butter both halves of the bread and place on a baking sheet.
- Remove meat mixture from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Spoon on to the bread.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes, green pepper and cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Longer for crispier bread.
- Slice into squares and serve.
This was a winner at my house! I have never made a dish that pleased all of them - but this one did! (I left out the green pepper.) I thought the bread would be soggy, but NO - not at all! The meat mix was more like a thick paste on top. It was easy to make and it sure is delicious! I reheated the leftowvers at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes and it was perfect! Thanks for sharing your recipe Martini Guy!
This has long been a standby in my house! I also make it without the peppers. I sometimes substitute frozen garlic bread and just omit the butter. Excellent recipe.