Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another interesting find in an old Taste of Home Magazine.
Make and share this Beef Stroganoff Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- In a skillet brown ground beef and onion, drain.
- Add salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Butter both halves of the bread and place on a baking sheet.
- Remove meat mixture from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Spoon on to the bread.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes, green pepper and cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Longer for crispier bread.
- Slice into squares and serve.
This was a winner at my house! I have never made a dish that pleased all of them - but this one did! (I left out the green pepper.) I thought the bread would be soggy, but NO - not at all! The meat mix was more like a thick paste on top. It was easy to make and it sure is delicious! I reheated the leftowvers at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes and it was perfect! Thanks for sharing your recipe Martini Guy!
This has long been a standby in my house! I also make it without the peppers. I sometimes substitute frozen garlic bread and just omit the butter. Excellent recipe.