Leeka Loves Cooking's Note:
This recipe has been in our family ever since I was a kid. It's my dads recipe and was passed down to me. This is my favorite way to prepare beef stroganoff and my family would also agree. I think you will too. Happy cooking!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 medium onion (diced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 6 slices bacon (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 lb round steak (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 (26 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 16 ounces wide egg noodles (Cooked according to directions on package)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1In large pot, prepare egg noodles according to directions of package.
- 2Heat large skillet over medium heat.
- 3Add bacon and cook until lightly crispy.
- 4Add garlic and onion. Saute for 2 minutes.
- 5Add round steak, paprika, salt, pepper. Cook until meat is lightly brown on the outside. Do not over- cook because it could make the meat tough.
- 6Add cream of mushroom soup and 1 can of water. Mix well, bring to a boil.
- 7Once boiling, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. (Stirring occasionally).
- 8Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- 9Pour mixture over cooked egg noodles and serve while hot.
- 10Note: May add additional salt and pepper to taste. I like mine with a lot of pepper.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Stroganoff (Round Steak)
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1000.1
- Calories from Fat 420
- Total Fat 46.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 217.8 mg
- Sodium 2113.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 45.9 g