1/3 Photos of Beef Stroganoff Pie
Taking the time to make the savory crust makes all the difference in this hearty meat pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour, all purpose
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening, such as crisco
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 -8 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon milk (for eggwash)
- 1 egg, beaten (for eggwash)
- 1In large skillet, cook beef, mushrooms, and onions until beef is browned.
- 2Drain off fat, and add remaining Stroganoff ingredients, cooking over medium heat until cream cheese is melted.
- 3In bowl, stir together flour, dried onion flakes, salt, sugar, and pepper.
- 4Cut in butter and shortening until mixture is crumbly.
- 5With a fork, add egg and enough water until flour is moistened.
- 6Divide dough in half.
- 7On floured surface, roll dough into two 14 inch squares.
- 8Place one square into a 9 inch by 9 inch baking dish, trimming edges to 1/2 inch from rim of dish.
- 9Fill dough with Stroganoff ingredients and top with remaining dough square.
- 10Trim top crust to 1/2 inch from rim of dish, then roll both edges of dough under to form a rim inside of the baking dish.
- 11Crimp edges of dough and cut vent holes into surface of the pie.
- 12Mix egg wash ingredients together and brush over top and edges of the pie.
- 13Bake at 375 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- 14Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Stroganoff Pie
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1592.7
- Calories from Fat 962
- Total Fat 106.9 g
- Saturated Fat 47.9 g
- Cholesterol 383.8 mg
- Sodium 1793.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 63.6 g