Recipe by Spammers
Use a tender cut of beef such as steak for a deliciously tender and rich dish. Beef tenderloin when on sale is generally the cheapest cut out there. When buying a whole loin I save the end pieces after cutting into fillets for dishes like this or sandwiches. Yum!
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin, cut into strips (or which ever tender cut of beef you would prefer)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups water
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packageslipton beefy dry onion soup mix
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) fresh mushrooms, sliced or 2 (4 ounce) canned mushrooms, drained
- hot buttered noodles
- chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan on medium high heat just under the smoking point. (You want the pan good and hot.).
- Sear the meat on high heat just until browned. Remove.
- Add the water and onion soup mixes to the pan.
- Then add fresh cracked pepper and the mushrooms and bring it down to a low simmer until reduced by 1/3. Maybe 15 minutes or so.
- Thicken with flour if needed.
- Add back the meat and heat thoroughly.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles sprinkled with fresh parsley and enjoy!