1 hr 5 mins
Quick night dinner. Its a version of beef stroganoff gone "wild".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups wide egg noodles (8 oz)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium onions, thinly sliced (4 cups)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups seasoned croutons
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded (8 oz)
- 1Pre Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
- 3In a large frying pan; melt butter over medium-high heat. Add beef, onions and mushrooms; cook about 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is browned on all sides. Make sure the onions are carmelized.
- 4Spread noodles in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Spoon beef mixture over noodles.
- 5In the frying pan you used, heat 2 1/2 cups of the broth to boiling over medium-high heat. In small bowl, mix remaining 1/2 cup broth and the flour until smooth. Stir flour mixture into boiling broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly and thickened. Stir in rosemary, salt and pepper. Pour over beef mixture; stir until well blended. Sprinkle with croutons, then cheese.
- 6.Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until bubbly around edges and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Stroganoff Meets French Onion Bake
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.6
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 166.6 mg
- Sodium 1193.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 51.8 g