Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Easy & yummy with great, creamy flavor.
- 2 lbs top round beef or 2 lbs stewing beef or 2 lbs round roast
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms or 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 stalk celery, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon flour, to coat meat
- 2 -3 onions
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 (4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- Cut beef into strips or large cubes.
- Cover with Worcestershire to marinate.
- Dredge/coat with the mix of spices& flour, put in crock.
- Add onion wedges and celery.
- Pour in soups; then 1/2 can of water mixed with white wine.
- Pour onion soup mix& mushrooms over top.
- Cook on low 6-7 hours.
- Serve over hot noodles.
This is the best one yet. It's more like beef tips to me though. The onion soup mix did not over power the recipe like I thought it may. Used stew meat in mine. It's a must try!!