1/1 Photo of Beef Stroganoff (Low-Calorie)
From Betty Crocker's 125 Low-Caloria Main Dishes, Pg. 26.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb round steak, boneless, lean, about 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon margarine, reduced calorie
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced (about 8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup condensed beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 cups noodles, cooked (or rice)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh & chopped
- 1Trim fat from beef steak; cut beef with grain into 2-inch strips. Cut strips diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch slices. (For ease in cutting, partially freeze beef, about 1-1/2 hours.).
- 2Heat margarine in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat; Cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened. Stir in beef and mushrooms. Cook about 7 minutes, stirring occacionally, until beef is no longer pink. Stir in wine; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3Mix cornstarch and broth; stir into beef mixture. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened; remove from heat. Stir in pepper and yogurt; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is tender.
- 4Serve over noodles; sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Stroganoff (Low-Calorie)
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.3
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 456.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 35.8 g