Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is simple, easy, versatile, and above all.... delicious! My family LOVES this recipe and it makes a lot which gives us great leftovers for lunch the next day. You can substitute ground beef for meatballs. (Just add some extra italian seasonings.) It really is best with meatballs though.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (only add if sauce is too runny)
- 3⁄4 lb italian meatballs (quartered or you can leave whole)
- 16 ounces wide egg noodles (dried)
- 3 green onion tops (chopped)
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Start sauce base by combining soups and milk. Add sour cream if it gets too runny, or more milk if it gets too thick for your tastes.
- In a separate skillet, cook meatballs until heated through. Add sauce to meatballs and stir in onions. Reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile cook egg noodles in boiling, salted water until al dentè. Drain noodles and put back in pot. Add meatballs & sauce & mix thoroughly.
- Serve with salad & bread. Enjoy!
What a wonderful, quick, tasty meal. I followed recipe with the following changes: I used 8 oz. of noodles instead of 16 oz., which was more than enough; 16 oz. would be way too much with the recipe as written. Added a small amount of garlic powder and hot red ground pepper to pep it up a bit. I did use the 1/4 cup of sour cream, not that it needed to be thinned but to expand the volume of the sauce and bump up the flavor. Precooked frozen meatballs were heated by adding directly to the sauce and heating all together; this worked perfectly. I sauteed the green onion tops and added to sauce with the meatballs. Next time, I'll try it with the optional mushrooms, and there will be a next time. The whole family enjoyed this and asked that I put the recipe in a safe place so I can get to it easily again. Thanks Mama_Jenniefor for sharing your awesome recipe with Food.com formerly Recipezaar for all of us to enjoy!
This is a very simple and delicious stroganoff recipe. I used homemade meatballs and added a bit of dill and it was great!