This recipe is simple, easy, versatile, and above all.... delicious! My family LOVES this recipe and it makes a lot which gives us great leftovers for lunch the next day. You can substitute ground beef for meatballs. (Just add some extra italian seasonings.) It really is best with meatballs though.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (only add if sauce is too runny)
- 3⁄4 lb italian meatballs (quartered or you can leave whole)
- 16 ounces wide egg noodles (dried)
- 3 green onion tops (chopped)
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Start sauce base by combining soups and milk. Add sour cream if it gets too runny, or more milk if it gets too thick for your tastes.
- In a separate skillet, cook meatballs until heated through. Add sauce to meatballs and stir in onions. Reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile cook egg noodles in boiling, salted water until al dentè. Drain noodles and put back in pot. Add meatballs & sauce & mix thoroughly.
- Serve with salad & bread. Enjoy!