Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 lbs beef round steak, cubed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can mushroom, drained
- salt and black pepper
- Cook onion in butter until transparent.
- Remove from pan.
- Brown meat in same pan.
- Return onions to pan.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons flour.
- Add mushrooms, ketchup, paprika and sour cream.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn on low and cook until meat is tender.
- Serve over cooked rice or noodles.
- If beef mixture seems too thick, add a little milk to preferred consistency.
I absolutely love this version of beef stroganoff! I use Worcestershire sauce instead of soy now, and I sometimes add fresh mushrooms, but all in all, a fantastic dish! I especially love it served with mounds of mashed potato!
Just made this tonight, followed Rambling Rose's tips. It was delicious but an hour is too long for the meat to be cooking. I will cook for less time next time i make this dish. Thanx!
This turned out GREAT! Will definitely do it again.