Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very simple and good recipe. I use 99% fat free cram of mushroom soup to make it even better for you.
- 1 lb boneless beef round steak, sliced
- 2 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Slice beef across grain into very thin strips.
- In skillet over high heat in 1 tbs hot margarine cook 1/2 the beef and onion until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender.
- Set aside. Repeat with remaining margarine, beef and onion.
- Return meat mixture to skillet, stir in soup and paprika.
- Heat through.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Serve over cooked noodles.
This recipe was delecious. I didnt have all the ingredients so i altered it a bit, used 1lb ground beef and used milk. was delecious, definetly a keeper
I didn't have noodles or rice to serve it with, so I used instant mashed potato instead. This made the instant potato taste like it was made from scratch. Very yummy. Also, the fact that it takes almost no time to make it, perfect for weekday meal.
Very good! I seasoned the beef with garlic powder, seasoned salt, and onion powder; and I used canola oil rather than margarine for browning the meat. I also added in a can of mushrooms, and used more paprika and more sour cream (low-fat) than called for. I served this over homestyle noodles with green beans and biscuits. The result was a great comfort-food kind of meal. I'll be making this again... thanks for sharing!