Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe I have been making for a long time. True comfort food with an international flavour.
- 12 ounces pasta wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb top sirloin steak, sliced across the grain into thin 1/2-inch wide strips
- 2 medium onions, cut in half, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup dry red wine
- 8 ounces low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and add meat.
- Cook, stirring, until meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- To skillet add and sauté onions, mushrooms and garlic until vegetables are tender. Add broth, Worcestershire sauce and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid has reduced by half.
- Stir cornstarch into wine until dissolved. Add to skillet and cook, stirring, over medium heat until mixture has thickened, about 3 minutes. Return meat to mixture and stir until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Add sour cream and mustard to skillet and stir until blended. Serve over cooked noodles, sprinkled with parsley.
- Tip:Partially freeze meat to make slicing easier.
- If reheating stroganoff mixture, do not bring it to a boil.
- Instead of wine you can use beef broth and 1 Tblsp red wine vinegar.
This was very good. Family liked it. Made for ZWT 4 Family Pick. The Mamma Mias!