Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the stoganoff recipe i always make. I don't like to use canned soups or broths as they always tend to be too high in salts When you flambe foods, you must always use caution. NEVER pour the alcohol from the bottle directly into the pan on the heat source. ALWAYS put the alcohol into a jug or cup and add it to the pan this way. Always be attentive to what is above the heat source and people around you, especially children. Flambe safely!
- 6 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs good quality beef, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup good quality brandy or 1⁄2 cup cognac
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- In a deep frying pan/skillet, on a medium heat, add the butter and oil. Add the shallots and fry until softened.
- Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Turn the heat up to the highest.
- Add the beef and cook until opaque.
- Add the mushrooms and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the brandy, let it warm through for about 20 seconds, then set a light to it and allow the flames to subside on their own.
- When the flames have gone out completely, add the mustards and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the soured cream and parsley and season with salt and pepper to your taste.