1/2 Photos of Beef Stroganoff: Easy and Natural
Sarah Chana's Note:
I had just returned from the hospital after surgery and needed to reassure my kids that everything was, thank G-d, alright. We needed comfort food in a big way. We had some beef waiting for me in the fridge, and I wanted something utterly wholesome and natural, but still yummy. Stroganoff sang to me. We don't mix meat and dairy in my house, and I don't like using cans of soup concentrate, so I had to be a little creative. This was the result; a big hit. It is creamy, light, delicious. I am putting it on Zaar so I don't forget to make it in the future. Hope you enjoy it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs skirt steaks
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced thick
- 2 cups plain rice milk (or soy milk)
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons tamari or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh dill, chopped (or use dried)
- 1Put flour and pepper in a plastic bag. Toss in the skirt steak, shake, and set aside.
- 2In a large skillet, saute onions and mushrooms in olive oil until soft but not mushy. Season with salt to taste.
- 3Remove onion/mushroom mix and set aside.
- 4In batches, brown skirt steak (after shaking off excess flour) until brown on all sides.
- 5Return meat and onion/mushroom mix to the skillet.
- 6Add the rice milk and parsley. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium, and let thicken for about 8 minutes.
- 7Add the tamari, and cook until everything is tender, another 15 or 20 minutes or so.
- 8Add the tomatoes and dill. Heat through. Adjust seasonings.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Stroganoff: Easy and Natural
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.9
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 66.8 mg
- Sodium 366.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 33.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: